Thursday, May 14, 2009

MOTIVATION & EMOTION


These pass days I’ve been a real emotion wreck I’m not sure what to think anymore. Or how to express myself the way I use too. My motivations and Emotions are not mixing or correlating with each other. It’s almost like I’m lost and I’m just moving with the current just to get by. So I thought I should look up these words that seem to getting the best of me.


Emotion: Heightened feeling, agitation caused by strong feelings. Some might call this a: Feeling, Sentiment, Sensation, or a Passion. For whatever that you desire.
Motivation: Giving of reason to act, Enthusiasm, Reason, and Forces determining Behavior. Anything that causes a trigger of self thought to act on something.
WHY…do we let Emotion and Motivations get the best of us sometimes? I can’t explain this, and I tend to think sometimes if we are suppose to look for the answer, or just Chill like Ashleee (Eclectic Cru) would say…WHY: These three letters have been on my mind for a while. Why do we get into the situations that we get into? Why do we get caught up in this social life? Why do we go to class..lol? Most people will automatically say because we have to, it just is, and my favorite is…. Why Not? …




I figure if we’re motivated in life then why we wouldn’t have to explain ourselves, why would we have to second guess what we do if we’re determine on our goals . Live and Let flow right…Then WHY as humans we are always second guessing ourselves and holding back from our destiny. Motivation….I have A LOT of books that I just read, but never get to finish them (don’t know why) maybe I’m not motivated, but I will someday. But in a paragraph in this book im reading “90 Minutes in Heaven” it said that God has instilled a purpose for everyone of this world…And I truly believe that to the fullest.

Now, I’m not finished, but I just wanted to move on to this word Emotion. The world of men would probably say that woman have a lot of Emotions. I feel like everyone has the same amount if that can be possible, but I’m probably just thinking too hard. Today I felt like sleeping in, and waking up at 12pm which is something that I can’t really do often just cause my body won’t let me sleep for some odd reason….but I had this feeling to draw, and be creative and not care what I mess up in the house just paint until my painting looked complete. But my emotions lately have been lost, and I don’t know what to think anymore. One key aspect of emotions, according to Woodworth & Sehlesberg, is that we have perceptions of them that usually range from: Pleasantness, Unpleasantness, and Weak also Strong (this is the level of activation) does it sound like I’m describing as a roller coaster in a sort of way…lol.



As we know, emotions involve some type of personal evaluations that normally ranges from pleasant-unpleasant. However, we may have experiences that involve both. For example - getting a promotion = more money, but also more responsibility and more time away from others activities. But what if it a bad or ever heart breaking emotion like the one that cause you to get sad or lose your feelings for anything that you love. So, we perceive our emotions as having some level of pleasantness and strength. For example, if your boyfriend or girlfriend breaks up with you, you experience some type of emotion, like sadness. Then, you experience this emotion along the pleasantness and strength dimensions - if you loved this person, you may experience sadness that is very unpleasant and intense (strength). I’m a very strong-welled person, but I don’t understand why I’m in a funk still. I really don’t.
I guess the reason why I started to right this is because I needed to get Motivated, and stop letting my bad emotions get the best of me. I guess that’s why…but this was so random I just burnt my Top Ramon noodles in the pot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment